XWiki is a WikiWiki clone written in Java which supports many popular features of other Wikis like:
* Wiki syntax (uses Radeox engine)
* Content management (view/edit/preview/save)
* Version Control
* Rights Management
* Full-text Search
It also has many advanced features that many other wiki engines lack:
* Document Templates to ease creation of common documents.
* Relational Database storage using Hibernate.
* Design Engine for Meta-Data and Forms.
* In-place (inline) editing of form information in pages.
* Powerfull programming API in documents.
* Search API for more detailed searching in the Meta-Data.
* Plugin System in Java.
* Plugin compatibility layer in perl with some TWiki plugins.
* Scalability and Performance using J2EE.
* Complete Skin System (templates content as well as CSS).
* RSS output and display of external RSS feeds
* Multi-Lingual capabilities
* XML/RPC Remote API
* Portlet Integration
* Groovy scripting support
||GNU General Public License (GPL)
Java is a trademark or registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States
and other countries. This site is independent of Sun Microsystems, Inc.