Open Source Text Processing Tools
The Jakarta-ORO Java classes are a set of text-processing Java classes that provide Perl5 compatible regular expressions, AWK-like regular expressions, glob expressions, and utility classes for performing substitutions, splits, filtering filenames, etc. This library is the successor to the OROMatcher, AwkTools, PerlTools, and TextTools libraries originally from ORO, Inc. Despite little activity in the form of new development initiatives, issue reports, questions, and suggestions are responded to quickly.
Go To Jakarta ORO
The Java language lacks fast string searching algorithms. StringSearch provides implementations of the Boyer-Moore and the Shift-Or (bit-parallel) algorithms. These algorithms are easily five to ten times faster than the implementation found in java.lang.String.
This library contains implementations of the following pattern matching algorithms:
* General purpose algorithms
* Searching with wildcards
* Searching with character classes
* Searching with mismatches
Go To StringSearch
JOrtho (Java Orthography) is a spell-checker. The library works with any JTextComponent from the Swing frame work. This includes JTextPane, JEditorPane and JTextArea.
* highlight the potentially wrongly spelled word
* detect capitalization errors
* dialog (when pressing F7 key) for continuous spell check of the text
* offer a context menu with suggestions for a correct form of the word
* context menu with option to change the checking language
* user defined dictionary for words that are not in the global one
* translated spell checker GUI
* standalone API, no server is required but applets are possible
Go To JOrtho
Java is a trademark or registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries. This site is independent of Sun Microsystems, Inc.