Open Source Project Management Tools in Java
Memoranda (formerly known as jNotes2) is an open source cross-platform diary manager and the tool for scheduling personal projects
Go To Memoranda
XPlanner is a web-based project planning and tracking tool for agile development teams
Go To XPlanner
BORG is a combination calendar and task tracking system.
Go To BORG
The objective of the project "Rapla" is to provide an easy-to-use resource-management system.
Go To Rapla
GanttProject is a tool for creating a project schedule by means of Gantt chart and resource load chart. With GanttProject you can break down your project into a tree of tasks and assign human resources that have to work on each task. You can also establish dependencies between tasks, like "this task can't start until this one is finished". GanttProject renders your project using two charts: Gantt chart for tasks and resource load chart for resources. You may print your charts, generate PDF and HTML reports, exchange data with Microsoft(R) Project(TM) and spreadsheet applications.
Go To GanttProject
The MPXJ library provides a set of facilities to allow project information to be manipulated in Java. MPXJ supports three file formats, Microsoft Project Exchange (MPX), Microsoft Project (MPP), and Microsoft Project Data Interchange (MSPDI).
The library is currently based around a set of data structures modelled on the data described by the MPX file format. All manipulation of project data takes place using these data structures, which can be read from or written to the various supported file formats. The following notes explain what facilities MPXJ offers for each file format.
MPX: The MPX file format can be read by all versions of Microsoft Project, and written by all versions up to Microsoft Project 98. MPXJ allows MPX files to be created, read and written. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q270139 for a definition of the file format.
MPP: The MPP file format is Microsoft's proprietary way of storing project data. MPXJ supports read only access to MPP files produced by Microsoft Project 98, Microsoft Project 2000, Microsoft Project 2002, and Microsoft Project 2003.
MSPDI: The MSPDI file format is Microsoft's XML file format for storing project data. Microsoft Project 2002 and Microsoft Project 2003 can read and write MSPDI files. MPXJ allows MSPDI files to be created, read, and written.
is an open source Java implementation of a file handling library to create, read, and write Microsoft Project Exchange (MPX) files, Project 2002 and 2003 MSPDI XML files, and read Microsoft Project 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003 (MPP) files.
Go To MPXJ
OpenProj is a desktop replacement of Microsoft Project. OpenProj has equivalent functionality, a familiar user interface and even opens existing MSProject files. OpenProj is interoperable with Project, with a Gantt Chart and PERT chart etc.
Go To OpenProj
qaManager is a web based application used for keeping track of engineering and customer releases, Schedule and track code reviews, Manage project risks , Resource allocations and related information effectively in QA Projects with very simple installation.
Powered by openXava,Java.
It supports many databases
Go To qaManager
Activity Manager is a project management tool.
It helps a project leader to manage and check his collaborators activity.
Activity Manager allows to build and maintain a hierarchical task tree. It is based on a database with a very simple model that allows to build quickly custom reports through the report facility or through simple SQL requests. Activity Manager is customizable.
Activity Manager is a Java based tool running in standalone mode (with an embedded HSQLDB database) or with a MySQL database server or custom mode (user defined database for skilled users).
The tool's features are :
* Durations repository administration
* Collaborators repository administration
* Tasks repository administration
* Contributions management (=activity management)
* Extensible report facility (with built in templates)
* XML database export/import
* EXCEL export
Go To Activity Manager
lGantt is a Java Language Application used to create Gantt Charts and help in evaluating time based activities.
* Tasks and constraints with duration and delay down to milliseconds (however UI does not have enough zoom yet).
* MSWindows install support
* Merge projects
* Undo and Redo
* Task notes as tooltips (nice)
* Tasks, subtasks, dependencies (constraints).
* Register Task Completion
* Resources and working hours
* JPEG Export
* Compressed XML Files
* Multiple base lines (snapshots)
Go To lGantt
Open Workbench is an open source Windows-based desktop application that provides robust project scheduling and management functionality and is free to distribute throughout the enterprise. When users need to move beyond desktop scheduling to a workgroup, division or enterprise-wide solution, they can upgrade to CA's Clarity system, a project and portfolio management system that offers bidirectional integration with Open Workbench.
Go To Open Workbench
eHour is an open source webbased time tracking tool for consultancy companies and other project based businesses.
The primary objective is to keep time tracking as simple and user friendly as possible while still being very effective at measuring and reporting the amount of time your team spends on a project.
The main features are
* create multiple projects per customer, assign multiple employees to the same project
* have different start and end dates and hourly rates per employee for each project assignment
* create default projects to which all employees should be assigned (days off, sick leave, etc.) so you can keep track of those hours as well
* extensive turnover & hours reports on all customers, projects, employees, departments or a selection of them
* configurable localization and currency. All languages are supported although only English & Dutch translations are availabe
* separation of employee, reporting and administration role.
Go To eHour
airTODO is a minimalist project management tool, intended for customer, project, module, operation, task and time management, which can work with local and/or remote repositories. Tool composed as single file with both, client (Eclipse plugin) and server functionality.
* Based on PMBOK-compliant project management methodology.
* Contain basic CRM features.
* Agile project management ready.
* Support Email task delegation.
* OpenOffice integration.
* Both, Client-Server and Serverless mode.
* Platform independed (supports Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris, AIX).
* Export to CSV format.
Go To airTODO - Project Management Tool
Task Blocks is a simple, easy to use task-scheduling application, in which a user's tasks cannot overlap. It includes Bugzilla export.
Go To TaskBlocks
Baralga enables you to keep track of the time you spend working on different projects. You can record the projects your are working or you can manually enter and edit project activities. Thus, you will be able to easily memorize when and how long you have been working on every project.
Go To Baralga
EmForge is a web-based application, suite of tools used in software development: project management (jBPM-based), documenting (Wiki-based), versioning (Subversion-based), reporting (JasperReports-based).
Key Features of EmForge:
* Integration of tools, used in software-development process: documentation(Wiki-based), task-Management (Workflow-Based), Version-Control Management (Subversion-based).
* Easy to use: this project used Trac as prototype.
* Flexible: this project is based on Enterprise-standard technologies it is quite easy to integrate it with any other systems, used in company. And this project uses workflow-engine, which allows administrators and managers to setup any process they need (different companies and different projects used different processes for development - you can easily configure EmForge to follow your development process, instead of changing your development processes to follow used tool)
Go To EmForge
NavalPlan is a free software web application for project planning, monitoring and control.
Its main features are:
* Multiproject management.
* Group resource allocations: dynamic groups based on criteria
* Flexible calendars
* Configurable Gantt chart from Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
* Resource Breakdown Structure (RBS) chart
* Overload resource allocation control
* Earned Value Management
* Cost analisys based on work reports
* Integration with other NavalPlan instances and third-parties
* Other functionalities: Materials, quality forms, project templates, planning scenarios, multiple task progress measurement ...
Initially developed for shipbuilders and naval companies, NavalPlan can be used to effectively manage any type of project.
Go To NavalPlan
Plandora is a Java opensource tool to manage the software development process. It can be useful for teams that have problems with resource bottle-necks, parallel projects, workers in several projects in the same time, critical dead lines and project documentation demands.
* Single point of contact (SPOC) between customers and project resources;
* Requirement and Tasks History;
* Custom Fields;
* Custom Reports (based to JasperReports and iReport);
* Custom Import/Export routines;
* Custom Agents, like a scheduled process (email notification, file checking, SQL triggers, etc);
* Gadgets (including google gadgets);
* Cost Management;
* Invoice Management;
* Resource Capacity Management;
* Risk Management;
* Survey Management;
* KPI Management;
* The project tasks could be viewed/managed through Gantt Chart or an Agile Board;
* Artifact Management (integrated with SVN or a local DB repository);
* Repository browsing (integrated with SVN or a local DB repository);
* Allow to expose files of repository to customer through a web portal;
* All entities of Plandora are indexed by Knowledge Base engine in background (Lucene engine);
* Plandora is multiuser and multiproject (allow a hierarchy structure of projects);
* Each user has a clear role at each project (customer, resource or leader);
* Plandora has support to English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Russian.
Go To Plandora