Open Source Localization & Internationalization Tools
|Messages is a open source framework to make internationalization easier for Java applications. It supports locales for threads and bundles can be associated with different packages. This allows the usage of different bundles for different parts of the application like plugins, installer or logging. Bundles can be managed and associated with packages without any changes in the code. This makes bundle management and refactoring much easier than with other solutions.Messages supports global locales for client applications written in Swing or SWT and thread local ones for serverside web applications.
Go To cintoo Messages
|Attesoro is a translation editor for java programs. A translator can enter international characters directly into Attesoro and Attesoro will save the file in the correct format with escape sequences. Attesoro shows the untranslated text and the translator can type the translation directly below it. Attesoro shows items that have not yet been translated in blue while translated items are shown in black. Attesoro will change the name of the key in all files at once. Attesoro displays keys with changed translations in green and allows you to revert individual keys.
Go To Attesoro
|ICU4J is a java libraries providing Unicode and Globalization support for software applications.
Here are a few highlights of the services provided by ICU:
* Code Page Conversion: Convert text data to or from Unicode and nearly any other character set or encoding. ICU's conversion tables are based on charset data collected by IBM over the course of many decades, and is the most complete available anywhere.
* Collation: Compare strings according to the conventions and standards of a particular language, region or country. ICU's collation is based on the Unicode Collation Algorithm plus locale-specific comparison rules from the Common Locale Data Repository, a comprehensive source for this sort of data.
* Formatting: Format numbers, dates, times and currency amounts according the conventions of a chosen locale. This includes translating month and day names into the selected language, choosing appropriate abbreviations, ordering fields correctly, etc. Again, ICU uses data from the Common Locale Data Repository.
* Unicode Support: ICU closely tracks the Unicode standard, providing easy access to all of the many Unicode character properties, Unicode Normalization, Case Folding and other fundamental operations as specified by the Unicode Standard.
* Regular Expression: ICU's regular expressions fully support Unicode while providing very competitive performance.
* Bidi: support for handling text containing a mixture of left to right (English) and right to left (Arabic or Hebrew) data.
* Text Boundaries: Locate the positions of words, sentences, paragraphs within a range of text, or identify locations that would be suitable for line wrapping when displaying the text.
Go To ICU4J
|RB Manager is a project to maintain multiple language support in a moderately large project.
RB Manager offers the following features:
* RB Manager can edit multiple language files when appropriate.
* Entries are checked for proper format and assured not to be duplicates.
* RB Manager provides a better grouping of resources, so that individual translations are easy to find.
* Each language file will display in its own view a list of only resources that are untranslated.
* RB Manager keeps track of statistics such as number of resources, untranslated items, etc.
* RB Manager allows importing and exporting of translation data into multiple formats
* Use of the application cuts down on development, translation, and debugging time in any internationalized setting
Go To Resource bundle manager
|TongueTied is a web based tool designed to manage static resources. The tool will help with the creation of keywords with support for multi-language or multi-region resources. TongueTied integrates a work flow around a keyword to track changes to its translations and ensure the legitimacy of each translation associated with a resource.
Go To TongueTied
|Zaval JRC Editor (also known as Zaval Java Resource Editor) solution is small and easy-to-use visual editor for resource files.
Zaval JRC Editor is best used for regular access to various resource files.
Another great area in this tool usage is resource bundle synchronization.
Go To Zaval Java Resource Editor