Midleware abstraction layer providing foundation for rapid development and smooth integration of open subsystems.
* Data model, persistence, business logic, web user interface and desktop application (thick client) framework framework usable as simple Java classes (POJOs) or within J2EE application server
* Persistence layer architecture and implementation ensuring optimistic locking preventing concurrent data modification and unique data id generation and timestamp maintenance directly by a database
* Default persistence layer implementation using pure JDBC for high performance, low overhead and easy portability.
* Database schema definition, maintenance and versioning
* Database connectivity, connection pooling, transaction management
* Framework and patterns for data access and modification
* Utilities for context propagation, asynchronous executions, encryption, transactional file manipulation
* Web user interface framework, page inheritance, layout definition, security
* Desktop application (Thick client) framework with default implementation using SWT
* Database support for DB2, HSQLDB, MaxDB, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SAP DB, Sybase ASE
* Connection pool support for Commons-DBCP, C3P0, Proxool, XAPool and J2EE datasources
* Transaction manager support for JOTM, J2EE transaction managers and custom in-JVM transaction manager
* J2EE application server support for JBoss, JOnAS, WebLogic, WebSphere