wingS is a component based web framework resembling the Java Swing API with its MVC paradigm and event oriented design principles. It utilizes the models, events, and event listeners of Swing and organizes the components as a hierarchy of containers with layout managers.
Version 2.0 comes with a completly rewritten rendering subsystem focusing on optimal stylability via CSS and new features like Drag & Drop support, context menus and Server-side code execution (AJAX).
Selected features of wingS 2.0 are:
* Comprehensive set of widgets including trees, tables, tabbed panes menus and more.
* Highly flexible dynamic layout managers
* Drag & Drop support
* Component context menus and tooltips
* Handling of browser back navigation
* Improved styleability via CSS
The distribution contains an extensive user documentation and various demo applications also available >>online. wingS is released under the LGPL licence. PermaLink